We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
As a Marketing Intern, you will get a crash course in multiple areas of digital marketing to further your education. You will be working in the Marketing department of an innovative Inc. 500 company that develops marketing software for small businesses and marketing teams. You will be responsible for assisting the marketing team in executing a wide array of marketing strategies.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you'll be:
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets, updating landing pages, and helping with the mechanics of sending thousands of emails daily
- Be a part of strategic design, writing, and editing projects for Leadpages including for the company blog and website
- Setting up webinar promotions
- Assisting with marketing promotional activities including mobile, direct mail, e-mail, web, telemarketing, and print
- Helping with public relations initiatives such as building media lists, monitoring outlets for company and competitor coverage, assisting in writing pitches and press releases
- Developing social media content for the company; monitor industry social media accounts
- Providing support with search engine optimization strategies
But wait! There's more!!
- This is a paid internship with a competitive rate of $17/hr.
- The position is part-time: Monday - Friday, 20-25 hours a week.
- Start date and end date are flexible but around September 5th is ideal. Preferred tenure of 12 - 16 weeks (ending mid-late December 2017).
- Located in the booming neighborhood of the North Loop in Downtown Minneapolis.
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- Top-notch analytical skills; you’re happy digging into reports and comfortable crunching numbers
- Have experience in writing, whether it be drafting emails or even a press release or blog post
- Unwavering attention to detail
- The flexibility and endurance to handle swiftly-moving schedules & deadlines
- Interest in marketing, including exposure to/ passion for/ interest in blogging & writing, email marketing, graphics, video, social media, public relations, promotions, landing pages, metrics, and more
- Proficient in social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Skilled with spreadsheets and office documents, specifically Google Docs
- Fast learner, willing to dig into areas you aren’t familiar with and become proficient with minimal hand-holding
- Bonus: Familiar (and willing to learn more about) software tools like Keynote, ScreenFlow, Leadpages, and Drip.
- Bilingual fluency is a plus!
Who you are:
- You are an energetic and motivated contributor who can roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant.
- Executing flawlessly on step-by-step instructions is a specialty of yours.
- You are able to give laser-focus to any task you set your sights on.
- Being detail-oriented isn’t a sound bite for you but one of your genuine strengths.
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function. In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!