We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization. We've assembled the right investors, leaders, and advisors to build one of the most successful SaaS companies in B2C.
Drip + Leadpages is looking for a senior technology leader that wishes to embark on an exciting mission. Reporting to John Tedesco, Chief Executive Officer, s/he will need to take the engineering reigns of the Leadpages product while working closely with the Drip technical co-founders as they face exciting scaling challenges.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a polyglot; able to go deep with our 10x engineers (and earn street cred by doing so) while also being to speak (and understand/appreciate) business, markets, and customers with the rest of the organization.
You embrace (and expand upon) innovative organizational design concepts, as they get deployed in a development environment where there are no traditional silos (e.g., front-end, back-end, QA) but rather cross-functional teams where product, UX and engineers work side by side to solve customer problems.
You have an EQ to match your IQ, realizing that the unification (over time) of products is as much a people challenge as it is a technical challenge. That same EQ will be applied in the recruitment and development of engineering talent, as you understand what attracts the best and how to bring out people’s best.
You will be a cultural beacon for the entire organization, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, which means you are a person that inspires and energizes all around them.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
This dynamic leader will stimulate and foster product innovation engineering in a customer-centric, high-performance organization.
You will lead engineering, dev ops and security for the Drip and Leadpages product lines.
- Actively participate as a member of the executive team in the development of the company’s strategic and operational business plans.
- Deliver and execute a technology strategy aligned with the business strategy.
- Act as a thought leader, helping to shape the long-term technology vision for the company.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with the principal technology partners.
- Establish a strong leadership team to support a rapidly growing organization.
- Construct and lead a best-in-class engineering department by attracting and developing the best talent in the field.
- Interact and influence across the organization from the frontline to the boardroom.
- Earn the role of trusted advisor and close partner to the leaders throughout the organization.
- Provide a challenging and supportive environment for high-performing teams that thrive on learning and development, serving as both coach and mentor.
- Establish credibility for the technology teams throughout the organization by being an effective listener and collaborator.
- Harness financial and business acumen to create a collaborative yet agile culture and lead the engineering and development function to contribute significant value to the business.
- Advance Drip + Leadpages’ reputation as a strong workplace of choice, by supporting performance development programs that allow the company to attract, retain and grow high potential as well as proven talent.
- Focus on growing the team and developing engineering and development talent from within and through various channels such as on-line and in-person learning curriculums and appropriate engineering specific events and clear, energizing career pathways.
Operational Best Practices
- Hit the ground running, quickly driving the technology and product development strategy and ramping up the technology and processes, while always keeping an eye on the future growth plans for Drip + Leadpages’ technology and current and future offerings.
- Implement processes that drive high-quality delivery and continuous value creation for the customer.
- Lead key technology leaders and architects to guide longer term strategic and technical decision making.
- Prioritize and align relevant metrics with consistent overall focus on data driven decision making and continuous improvement.
- Be willing to try and experiment with both emergent as well as proven best-in-class technologies, methodologies, and processes.
- Drive continuous change and flexibility in the engineering organization while at the same time championing best overall practices with flexibility, room for experimentation and constant learning.
- Be an active, positive champion of ever increasing operational excellence.
- Listen and learn to establish an understanding of Drip + Leadpages’ business strategy, objectives, culture and plans to develop a united and integrated people and culture plan that aligns with the budget around building an operating plan of the engineering organization.
- Attract, retain and motivate a winning engineering function to lead the Drip + Leadpages product lines.
- Assess current practices, technologies, and teams to create an informed point of view from which to drive change and energize the organization.
- Garner strong respect across the organization and foster open and collaborative relationships across the Drip and Leadpages engineering teams while building a level of excitement and energy across all engineering teams.
- Deliver and execute a technology strategy aligned with the business strategy.
- An undergraduate engineering degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
- A demonstrated commitment to continued professional development is revered.
- S/he will be a lifelong learner.
- The Senior Vice President Engineering will be an engineer’s engineer and have experience building and developing strategic, effective and trusted working relationships with senior executives and all internal and external partners and clients.
- The executive will bring credibility to the executive management and engineering team and will be regarded by the employees and the marketplace as an instant positive win for the company.
- The ideal candidate must be a strategic thought leader with high EQ that has a deep technology background, robust team building and people skills, strong business acumen, demonstrated engineering leadership and outstanding communication skills.
Business and Domain
- Significant success and hands on experience with high growth SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, at scale, leading teams to execute crisply in a cloud-based microservices architecture or other cutting edge technology environment.
- Proven, recognized and notable engineering thought leader.
- Successful track record of applying open source methodologies.
- Solid decision making across many disciplines as it relates to the customer, the company, and team.
- Proven ability to shepherd an organization through significant growth and scale.
- Expert in fundamentals of engineering and related technology stack; creating systematic, repeatable and sustainable technology ensuring code, test quality, and continuous integration are top notch (agile methodologies).
- Flourishes in results-based and data-driven environment.
- Carries a sense of urgency to deliver new capabilities to market and can prioritize multiple strategic priorities through and with their leadership team.
- Brings the self-confidence and passion required to get things done as committed and finds creative solutions to problems.
- High EQ; active listener; strong collaborator.
- A recognized track record of attracting, hiring, retaining and motivating first rate engineers through a time of growth and change.
- Strong experience and proven ability to build high performing, cohesive technology teams.
- Incredibly strong engineering and technology conviction and vision along with the requisite interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Communication and interpersonal agility; being approachable and embraces diversity.
- A teacher who is trustworthy and willing to share information and grow others.
- High energy, passion and commitment and will thrive in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Passionate about delighting the customer and building brand advocates.
- Driven to win.
- Intellectually curious to the core, eager to learn, an influential change agent.
- Self-confident, excellent facilitator and mature leader who encourages teamwork across the organization.
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity and morality.
Who we are:
Drip + Leadpages was thrilled to make #297 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace in 2015, 2016, & 2017. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team.
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People Ops function.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun.
- Finally, no politics and no jerks.
At Drip + Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 3 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!